LA Accident Attorney
Best Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Other personal injury attorneys have referred pedestrian accidents to us when they had difficulty settling or when the injuries were significant, and an expert attorney in pedestrian accidents was needed to get the case’s full value. More than 7,000 pedestrians were killed in auto accidents in 2020 in the United States.
Pedestrian accidents often result in the highest settlements because the injuries tend to be larger than other accidents. Alcohol was involved in almost half of those accidents. People 65 or older are in pedestrian accidents at a higher rate than people under age 65.
In an appropriate case, we will hire a pedestrian accident reconstructionist. Using math, physics, and computer programs, the expert can reconstruct the accident, which can make a difference in proving a case.
You can take steps to keep yourself safe when you are a pedestrian.
- Increase your visibility when walking at night by carrying a flashlight and wearing reflective clothing, such as reflective vests.
- Cross streets at a designated crosswalk or intersection whenever possible.
- Walk on a sidewalk or path instead of walking in the road.
- Avoid using earbuds when crossing the street.
- Avoid walking if you have been using alcohol or drugs, which can impair judgment and coordination.
We have represented numerous families of people who were killed in pedestrian accidents. We have also represented people hospitalized with severe injuries due to a pedestrian accident.