LA Accident Attorney
Got Questions to Accident Attorney?
Frequently Asked Questions
In most cases, if you were not at fault, you are entitled to compensation for pain and suffering. How much you get for pain and suffering is negotiable. It is not set by law. Attorney Jerry Kaufman is very experienced having settled over two thousand personal injury cases. The amount of compensation you receive is to some degree dependent on properly documenting your injury. That means if you have a disc problem, you need to present an MRI and treatment from a specialist. Attorney Jerry Kaufman can help you get the treatment you need which is good not only for your health but also good for your settlement.
In addition, hiring us takes the stress and hassle out of dealing with an insurance company yourself. Some of our past clients include a judge, an insurance company defense attorney, and an adjuster. Even people with expertise in this field, who know how to handle their own case, hired us.
Buy a dashcam. Buy full coverage including uninsured motorist coverage.
If you are reading this, you probably already got into an accident and are just checking to see if you handled it correctly. You should call attorney Jerry Kaufman and review what happened with him. There is no fee for a consultation.
If you are injured and need emergency treatment, call an ambulance. Regardless of whether you need an ambulance, call the police. Some police departments (CHP) will almost always take a report. Some police departments (LAPD) are reluctant to take a report but give it a try.
Before you move your car, take some photos of your car’s location at the accident scene. Clearly identify in photos or video what lane your car is in and what angle it is positioned.
Collect the other party’s name, contact information, and insurance information.
Take photos of all vehicles and all damage.
We can help you find medical care you need. Many medical professionals will take your case on a lien, meaning you do not have to pay until your case is settled.
No. They may be nice, but their job is to reduce or deny payments. Tell them you have an attorney or are in the process of hiring an attorney and give them the attorney’s name and phone number.
- Pain and suffering -this is usually the bulk of the recovery. The amount is not set by law and there is no formula. The attorney and the insurance company must haggle. The reputation of our firms helps tremendously. Also, we use only attorneys to negotiate settlements. Many personal injury law firms rely on a secretary or paralegal to negotiate. Insurance companies take advantage of those firms. There are some limited circumstances where you can’t recover pain and suffering but we will examine your case and advise you.
- Medical expenses. These can include future
- Loss of income- The key here is good documentation of the loss. Our traffic accident attorney will guide you.
- Property damage. Of course, this includes damage to your car or motorcycle, but it also includes damage to your clothing and other items that fly around the inside of the car.
- Rent a car and loss of use. If you didn’t rent a car while your car was not drivable or being repaired, you are still entitled to compensation for the loss of use of your car. After all while your car is in the shop you still must make car payments, you still must pay for insurance, you still have to pay for transportation.
- The perfect trifecta consists of a big injury or death, a big insurance policy, and clear liability. That’s the jackpot. But not all cases are perfect. We take many cases with moderate injuries, small insurance coverages, and disputed liability if we think we can win. Like sports being a lawyer is all about winning.
- If there is no injury, then we don’t take the case. We only represent injured victims.
Insurance companies evaluate cases based on a variety of factors but at the top of the list is documentation of injuries. Merely saying you were hurt doesn’t count for much. You need the proper medical treatment and medical records to heal and to make your case in court. The auto accident attorney helps you get the treatment you need and document your loss. We fill out the necessary forms including filing reports with DMV, insurance companies, Medicare, and others. We obtain witness statements and police reports. We prevent insurance companies from building a negative case against you. We negotiate on your behalf. We argue your case for you. By having an attorney, the insurance company knows that if the settlement offer is not reasonable then the plaintiff is ready to go to court.
Auto accident attorney Jerry Kaufman has had thousands of clients over the years but some of our clients include an insurance company defense attorney, a former judge, several attorneys, family members of attorneys, and professional entertainers. Mr. Kaufman has represented some of America’s largest corporations and he has represented undocumented aliens.